About Examinational Cell
Sri ABR Government Degree College actively and transparently evaluates the students’ performance in the examinations. Under CBCS frame work, Evaluation consists of two components Continuous Internal Assessment (CIA) and External Assessment (EA). CIA is given a weightage of 25% and EA carries the remaining 75% weightage in the total evaluation for a given course other than practical papers.
INTERNAL EXAMINATION COMMITTEE (IEC):
Our college has an Institutional Internal Examination Committee (IIEC) to look after the whole internal assessment process.
- Prepares Examinations Calendar at the beginning of the semester duly following academic calendar of the affiliating university
- Notifies the schedule well in advance to the students through circular besides displaying on the notice boards and website.
- Ensures that the setting of question paper is in accordance with the pattern adopted for CIA
- Conducts the mid semester examinations as per the schedule
Grievance Redressal Mechanism (Internal Examinations):
The following three tier grievance redressal mechanism is practised by our college to redress the grievances raised by students regarding examinations.
- After the time bound evaluation of answer scripts, students get an opportunity to review their papers and interact with the teacher about their performance and resolve the grievances if any.
- If the students are not satisfied, they may approach to the Incharges of the respective departments and gets it resolved.
- Still the students are not yet satisfied, they may consult any one member of the Internal Examination Committee and express his/her grievance.
The committee looks into examination related grievances. It takes necessary steps to redress them amicably within seven days. Thus obtained grievances are taken into consideration, resolved and final marks are brought to the notice of the students and the same are uploaded in the University portal finally.
The grievances reported if any with respect to external examinations are sent to controller of examinations of affiliating University. The chief superintendent of the examination looks after grievances during the university examinations and coordinates in case of any discrepancy in the hall tickets. As soon as the results are declared the students are given awareness about the procedure of applying for re-evaluation and recounting. The applications thus received are consolidated and sent to the University for necessary action.
Name of the Faculty
N. Nageswara Rao
Lecturer in Botany
S. Arun Kumar
T. Rama Devi
Lecturer in Economics
Dr. G. Srinivasulu
Lecturer in Chemistry
Ch. Naga Srilakshmi
Lecturer in Commerce